Asset data can be collected at the time an asset is created or at any other time in its life-cycle.
Asset data may be initially recorded;
- manually onto a paper form.
- manually via a smart pen onto a microdot paper form.
- manually into a laptop, tablet, smart phone, PDA, etc.
- automatically via a sensor, camera or other apparatus into a digital storage device.
- manually via office-based asset capture using 3D Street Level Imagery (earthmine)
Automatic Data Capture
Automatic & semi-automatic data capture is potentially easier and cheaper than methods requiring human intervention.
Examples of automatic data capture, include;
- vehicle mounted cameras (3D street level imagery (earthmine))
- vehicle mounted cameras (The Google Street View Cars for example)
- vehicle mounted laser profilers
- Asset Location Techniques
- Asset Management Skills Matrix
- Geomatic Technologies
- Time Series Condition Data