Asset Management Checklist
- Do you have an Asset Management Strategy?
- Do you have Asset Management Plans?
- Have you documented your asset management practices?
- Do you know the location of each of your assets, with enough detail to unambiguously identify them?
- Do you have a list of all the legislation impacting on the management of assets in your state?
- Have you documented all of your asset management related outputs?
- Have you documented what you would like your asset management systems to be able to do?
- Are you confident that the data stored in your asset register is correct?
- Are you confident that all of the assets you are responsible for have been entered into your asset management system?
- Have the responsibilities for assets & asset management related tasks within your organisation been clearly defined?
- Have the asset management terms used within your organisation been clearly defined?
- Are developers aware of the information you would like them to provide when they hand assets over to Council?
- Do you have a Capital Works Evaluation Framework in place?
- Are you keeping up-to-date with the latest asset management related; technologies, theories and practices?
- Do you have a system for improving your asset management practices?
- Are you making the best possible use of everyone's knowledge?
- Are you maximising value for effort by mininising duplication of effort?
- Is it easy to find the information you need to answer questions and make good decisions?
- Are you able to clearly explain to your ratepayers the cost and funding implications of various service levels?
- Asset Management Advancement Program
- Asset Management Framework
- Good Asset Management Practice
- Reasons for Asset Management
The following site members have contributed to this page: