Many asset management documents including Asset Management Plans typically contain a number of separate elements, e.g. reports, projections, statements, summaries, forecasts, etc.
Some of these individual am elements may appear in more than one high level document.
Asset Management Elements
The key elements of infrastructure asset management as defined by the IIMM are
- Providing a defined level of service and monitoring performance
- Managing the impact of growth through demand management and infrastructure investment
- Taking a lifecycle approach to developing cost-effective management strategies for the long term that will meet that defined level of service (optimised decision making)
- Risk identification, assessment and control
- Continuous improvement in asset management practices
- Having a long term financial plan identifying funding needs