Because asset management functions tend to be distributed across an organisation, it can be useful to clearly document which functions are the responsibility of which section within a Council.
Asset Management Responsibilities List
The list below is a non-prescriptive list of asset management responsibilities. They will no doubt vary from Council to Council, but are provided as a bit of a checklist to help out anyone trying to brainstorm a list of responsibilities to include in an AMP. Please add any other responsibilities you can think of.
- Asset Management Plan development
- Community engagement
- Development of Level of Service
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Asset Performance Monitoring
- Asset Register maintenance
- Budget preparation and monitoring
- Asset Management and Information Systems
- Condition or Maintenance Inspections
- Construction / Procurement
- Design and treatment selection
- Disposal & Rationalisation
- Financial Management, Reporting and Valuation
- Maintenance Scheduling
- Renewal or rehabilitation program development.
- Safety Audits
- Post treatment/ construction evaluation
- Predictive modelling
The following site members have contributed to this page: