Business Improvement Checklist
- Create a business improvement checklist, and refer to it regularly.
- Set up a wiki to document what you know about your business/project.
- Document your processes and procedures.
- Confirm that your documented processes & procedures are clear and easily understood. If they are not clear and easily understood, redraft them.
- Identify your customers.
- Ask your customers what they want - create a customer wish list.
- Compile a list of business improvement techniques & management tools.
- Sign up to an internet forum / discussion group about topics related to your business/project. Ask questions. Give opinions.
- Clarify your goals - draft or revisit your vision statement or mission statement on a regular basis.
- Make a list of barriers to improvement & business improvement ideas. Document as much as you can about them.
- Analyse your improvement ideas - list pros and cons, and solicit comment from a wide range of people.
- Compile a list of stakeholders in your business/project, and think about/document how they can help you.
- Prioritise your improvement ideas.
- Select an appropriate improvement technique and apply it to the highest priority improvement idea.
- Measure your performance.
- Create a To Do List and refer to it regularly.
- Collect and retell stories about successes and failures.
- Use Plain English.
- Business Improvement Checklist Improvement Project
- Business Improvement Ideas
- Business Improvement Techniques
- Local Government Business Improvement Framework
- Management Tools
- Problem Solving Techniques
The following site members have contributed to this page: