A specially designed van is normally used. A set up of camera mounted on 4 wheel drive small tractor (kind of sophisticated remote car for kids) is lowered through maintenance access hole for inspection.
The camera/lens usually has 360 view rotating and zooming capability.
Inspectors usually sit in the van and rate the live video. WinCan is well known software package/system for these kinds of CCTV inspections.
- presence of sediment
- roots invasion
- presence of grease
- presence of debris
- presence of pipe cracks
- joint displacment
- condition of service connections
- Access hole size vs tractor/camera set up
- Lifting of access hole lid
- Pressure cleaning of pipes prior to inspection
- Camera getting stuck
- Physical cable rather than Wi-Fi video data transfer back to base station (in Van)
The following site members have contributed to this page: