Common Effluent Disposal (CED) is a sewage collection system that consists of septic tanks on each property. Each tank may be connected to the reticulation sewerage system, which conveys the sewage to either a centralised wastewater treatment plant or to a lagoon sewage treatment facility. It also allows the option of on-site treatment.
- economical installation
- smaller diameter pipes may be used for the reticulation system
- fewer manholes required than conventional system
- reduces load on centalised wastewater treatment plant
- each household must have a septic tank installed
- septic tank requires regular clean out to reduced sludge build up
The following site members have contributed to this page: