Emergency Management is a range of measures to manage risks to communities and the environment and the organisation and management of resources for dealing with all aspects of emergencies.
Emergency management involves the plans, structures and arrangements which are established to bring together the normal endeavours of government, voluntary and private agencies in a comprehensive and coordinated way to deal with the whole spectrum of emergency needs including prevention, response and recovery.
Councils have a number of mandatory emergency management functions, and are typically deeply involved in emergency planning and management.
- Council Services
- Emergency Management Coordination Group
- Emergency Management Plan
- Municipal Emergency Coordination Centre
- Municipal Emergency Management Plan
- Municipal Emergency Management Planning Committee
- Municipal Emergency Resource Officer
- Municipal Emergency Response Coordinator
- Municipal Recovery Manager
- Victorian Emergency Management Act 1986