Energy Storage is the storage of energy in devices or physical media for use at a later time. One of the factors that limits the usefulness of solar power installations is the intermittent nature of the supply, so the development of cost efficient energy storage options could become a very important factor in determining how much of our energy needs solar power can eventually supply.
Local Government Councils like other large organisations tend to use a lot of energy. They also have emergency management and other functions that necessitate the need for a guaranteed power supply.
External Links & References
- Google Search
- Thin Film Batteries (GizMag)
- New material claimed to store more energy and cost less money than batteries (GizMag)
- Energy Storage Membrane Outstrips Batteries (Next Big Future)
- Stretchable Lithium Ion Batteries (Extremetech)
- large-and-powerful-redox-flow-battery (Zeitnews)
- Battery Breakthrough (Mashable)
- Putting Electric Vehicle Batteries In Car Doors: Possible But Not Practical (Plugin Cars - October 2013)
- Tesla Home Consumer Battery (The Verge - February 2015)