A Geographical Information System (GIS) is an information system that integrates, stores, edits, analyses, shares, and displays geographic information. GIS applications are tools that allow users to create interactive queries (user created searches), analyse spatial information, edit data, maps, and present the results of all these operations.
Geographical Information Systems & Suppliers
The list below is generated automatically. To add a Geographical Information System's page to the list, add the tag "gis-system" to the page.
Web Based Mapping Systems
Special Interest Groups
The following special interest groups are related to Geographical Information Systems.
- Australian Local Government Mapinfo User Group
- Far North GIS Users Group
- North Coast Spatial Information Group
- WA Local Government GIS Focus Group
- Atherton Tablelands Geographic Information Services
- Geomatic Technologies
- Feature Manipulation Engine
- Geospatial Data Abstraction Library
- Intergovernmental Committee on Surveying & Mapping
- Queensland Spatial Information Council