The Growth Areas Social Planning Tool is a tool that outlines a process of planning for the community building needs of new communities by:
- Articulating a vision of community wellbeing
- Establishing the guiding principles for social planning
- Outlining a process for local government to establish partnerships with internal departments and external stakeholders
- Providing resources and relevant links to inform decision-making, implementation and evaluation
- Providing resources to assist stakeholders in advocating for growth area social planning
- Providing practitioners with an avenue to interact with one another and share good practice.
The tool was developed by Whittlesea City Council and a project steering group comprised senior planning practitioners from government agencies and peak bodies.
- Community Building
- Development Contributions Plan
- Growth Area
- Metropolitan Planning Authority
- Precinct Structure Plan
- Social Planning