Land is the part of the surface of the Earth not covered by water.
The land associated with properties owned or controlled by a Council needs to be valued and recorded within an asset register.
Victorian Sale of Land Act 1962
The Victorian Sale of Land Act 1962 defines land as "includes land of any tenure, and buildings or parts of buildings (whether the division is horizontal, vertical or made in any other way) and other corporeal hereditaments; and also an undivided share in land and any estate or interest in land;"
Victorian Local Government Act 1989
A number of sections of the Victorian Local Government Act 1989 pertain to land, namely:
- Section 189 - Restriction on power to sell land
- Section 190 - Restriction on power to lease land
- Section 191 - Transfer, exchange or lease of land without consideration
- Section 192 - Use of land for another purpose
- Council Land
- Land Use Planning
- Queensland Land Act 1994
- Queensland Valuation of Land Act 1944
- Victorian Land Act 1958
- Victorian Sale of Land Act 1962
- Victorian Transfer of Land Act 1958