Leadership is the action of leading a group of people or an organization, or the ability to do this.
There are many aspects to leadership and skills and qualities that a good leader should either have or understand, including:
- Change Management
- Conflict Management
- Decision Making
- Emotional Intelligence
- Subject Matter Expertise
- Team Building
Dale Carnegie's Leadership Advice
- Begin with praise and honest appreciation.
- Call attention to people’s mistakes indirectly.
- Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person.
- Ask questions instead of giving direct orders.
- Let the other person save face.
- Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement.
- Be “hearty in your approbation and lavish in your praise.”
- Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to.
- Use encouragement. Make the fault seem easy to correct.
- Make the other person happy about doing the thing you suggest.
External Links & References
- Google Search
- Leadership Quotes
- Leadership Victoria
- A Leader's Framework for Decision Making - Harvard Business Review (November 2007)
- Distributed leadership at Google - Ivey Business Journal (June 2013)
- 21st Century Leadership: 3 Master Strokes By Elon Musk - Forbes (June 2014)
- Eric Schmidt on Leadership & Success - Medium (October 2015)
- Dale Carnegie's Secrets of Success
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership (Youtube)