It has been suggested that a Business Improvement Framework / Business Excellence Framework developed specifically for Local Government might be a good tool for improving Council work practices.
A number of Councils currently use the Australian Business Excellence Framework, but a Local Government specific Framework would have a number of advantages.
- No commercial copyright restrictions - allowing better exchange of information.
- Less manufacturing centric, and more suited to the local government context.
- a better focus on public and community value
- a better fit to local government functions and operations, and potentially an alignment with local government legislation.
According to its project plan the Australian Centre of Excellence for Local Government, has as one of its key deliverables for 2010, the development of an upgraded Business Excellence Framework for local government.
Vote on this idea
If you have an opinion on whether or not this idea is a good one, please click on "rate" below and give the concept a "+" or "-"
- Problem Solving Techniques
- Business Excellence Consultants
- Business Improvement Checklist
- LGAM Work Practices Improvement System
- Local Government Project Register