At the June 2009 Plenary Meeting of the Australian Council of Local Government a $25 million Local Government Reform Fund was announced.
The media release states that:
Over two years, the $25 million Local Government Reform Fund will:
- Assist councils implement new asset management and planning consistent with a national framework;
- Fund the collection and analysis of robust data about councils’ infrastructure assets; and
- Support collaboration between councils on a regional basis for service delivery and planning.
LGAQ's contact with regard to the Reform Fund is Rebecca Michael ( ua.nsa.qagl|leahcim_accebeR#ua.nsa.qagl|leahcim_accebeR )
The Commonwealth are apparently still working out the details re administering the reform fund (11/9/2009), but it is expected that the details will be determined and announced in October. LGAQ will advise councils accordingly.
- Australian Centre of Excellence for Local Government
- Forum Discussion
- National Asset Management Assessment Framework
The following site members have contributed to this page: