Pavement Guide Interactive
Pavement Guide Interactive is a website set up by the University of Washington and the Pavement Tools Consortium, that contains a lot of useful information about Road Pavements including the following modules.
- Welcome & Introduction - General document premise, pavement history & overview.
- Pavement Types - Flexible and rigid pavement basics, types and recycling.
- Materials - Aggregate, asphalt and portland cement and their associated material tests.
- Design Parameters - Subgrade, traffic loads, environmental and drainage design inputs.
- Mix Design - Mix design overview and the principal methods of HMA and PCC mix design.
- Structural Design - Empirical and mechanistic-empirical structural design approaches.
- Construction - Major pavement construction steps, equipment, issues and variables.
- QA & Specifications - Quality assurance and different specification types.
- Pavement Evaluation - Evaluation methods, measurements and pavement distress/damage.
- Maintenance & Rehabilitation - Typical methods of both with a focus on overlay design.
- Pavement Management - Pavement lifecycle, cost analysis and management systems.
External Links & References
page revision: 5, last edited: 09 Jan 2012 22:09