There are a number of good reasons to contribute information to this site.
1. A wiki is a fantastic place to save general information that you might need at a future date. This wiki is very well indexed, it has a nice search feature, and the pages contain lots of hyper-links to related pages which makes it easy to find things even if you are a bit vague on the exactly what it was you saved or are looking for. It is actually much much easier to find information saved on a wiki than on a hard drive. Then there is the added bonus that the information you saved a year ago may have been added to someone else since then and be even more useful to you than when you saved it. That just doesn't happen if you save it to your hard drive.
2. Adding useful content to the site, will encourage more users to visit the site, and because every user is a potentially contributor, this will increase the likelyhood of someone adding information that is of use to you or your council.
3. It is a good way to get feed back about how your Council carries out a particular activity or defines a particular term.
4. Information contributed to the site can be accessed from anywhere in the world.
5. It is a good way of networking with people dealing the same issues that you deal with.
6. Passing on your knowledge to other Councils, will potentially allow them to save money reinventing the wheel, allowing them to spend the savings on projects of value to their communities.
If you have any questions about how to contribute, just email me at ua.vog.dlq.grebadnub|ydde.enyaw#ua.vog.dlq.grebadnub|ydde.enyaw or moc.riafnekrad|egw#moc.riafnekrad|egw and I am more than happy to help.