A risk assessment is a process that to used to assess the risks associated with a hazard.
As risk assessment should:
- identify factors that may be contributing to the risk.
- review health and safety information that is reasonably available from an authoritative source and is relevant to the particular hazard.
- evaluate the likelyhood of an injury occurring and the likely severity of an injury or illness that may occur.
- identify the actions necessary to eliminate or control he risk.
- identify records that it is necessary to keep to ensure that risks are eliminated or controlled.