Sealed Road Shoulder Maintenance
Sealed road shoulder maintenance is a maintenance activity carried out on the shoulders of sealed roads.
The goal of shoulder maintenance is to restore the road shoulders to a condition where they capable of satisfying their main objectives, namely to;
- provide a safe and smooth transition for road users who accidently leave or are forced to leave the sealed pavement area, and
- protect the sealed pavement from excess deterioration such as edge breaks.
This maybe achieved by either shoulder grading or shoulder resheeting or shoulder spot filling & grading depending on the amount of gravel available insitu.
External Links & References
- Bundaberg Regional Council Work Instruction WI-7-261
- Bundaberg Regional Council Work Instruction WI-7-263
- Transport Tasmania Pavement and Shoulder Maintenance
- Google Search