Sewers are typically made up of the following components & sub-types.
- Sewer Maintenance Shafts
- Sewer Terminal Maintenance Shafts
- Sewer Terminal Maintenance Holes
- Sewer Maintenance Holes
- Sewer Inlet Maintenance Holes
- Sewer Discharge Maintenance Holes
- Sewer Lampholes
- Sewer Access Point Covers
- Sewer Pipe
- Sewer Overflow Pipe
Victorian Local Government Act 1989
Section 198 (1) of the Victorian Local Government Act 1989 - "Sewers and drains vested in the Council", notes that:
(1) The following are vested in the Council and are under the management and control of the Council—
(a) public sewers and drains within the municipal district;
(b) sewers and drains in and under roads in the municipal district;
(c) Works and materials relating to (a) and (b).
(2) This section does not apply to any sewers and drains vested in another Council or a Minister, the Crown or any public body.
In fact, most sewers in Victoria are now vested in a Water Board, and are not typically Council responsibility.