A social network is a service that focuses on building online communities of people who share interests and/or activities, or who are interested in exploring the interests and activities of others. Most social network services are web based and provide a variety of ways for users to interact, such as e-mail and instant messaging services. Facebook is perhaps the most popular and well known social networking site in Australia. Ning is a site that allows users to build their own Social Network.
Below is a list of Social Networks & Groups within Social Networks in existence that my be of interest to Australian Local Government employees.
- Australian Local Government Professionals (LinkedIn)
- Local Government ICT Group - Australia (LinkedIn)
- Local Government Networking Group (LinkedIn)
- MuniGov 2.0 (USA)
- TALK (UK)
- New Local Government Network (UK)
- Gov2.0 Australia (Australia)