An urban area is an area with an increased density of human-created structures in comparison to the areas surrounding it.
Victorian Road Management Act 2004
The Victorian Road Management Act 2004 defines an urban area as an area in which —
- a speed limit of 60 kilometres per hour or less applies not being a speed limit which applies only because of a temporary reason such as roadworks or a street event; or
- there are buildings on land next to the road, or there is street lighting, at intervals not exceeding 100 metres for—
- a distance of at least 500 metres; or
- if the length of the road is less than 500 metres, over the length of the road.
- Built-Up Area
- Rural Area
- Urban Centre
- Urban Development
- Urban Growth Boundary
- Victorian Road Management Act 2004