The useful life of a water main depends on many factors, including material type, construction practices, etc. The useful lives below are indicative only. If you have any useful data about water main useful lives, please help us make the table below more accurate by adding or linking to any information you may have below.
Click here to edit the above table.
South East Water
The figures below were published here.
- Asbestos Cement (AC) -> 40 – 60 years
- Cast Iron Cement Lined (CICL) -> 80 – 100 years
- Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) -> 50 – 70 years
- Ductile Iron Cement Lined (DICL) -> 80 – 100 years
- Mild Steel Cement Lined (MSCL) -> 80 – 100 years
Bundaberg Regional Council
As of July 2011, Bundaberg Regional Council used the following water main useful lives.
- PVC -> 75 Years
- Iron -> 80 Years
- Porous -> 65 Years
External Links & References
- Prioritising Water Main Renewals (utilities.masterplumbers.com)